|Barbie and The Secret Door|
|Release dates|| August 25, 2014 (Digital HD)|
September 1, 2014 (UK)
September 16, 2014 (USA)
|Running time||81 minutes|
|Genre||Fantasy, adventure, friendship, musical|
|Director||Karen J. Lloyd|
|Producer(s)|| Melissa Lee Anderson|
Shelley Dvi Vardhana
|Music|| Gabriel Mann|
|Supervising Producer(s)|| Kylie Ellis|
|Executive Producer(s)|| Kim Dent Wilder|
|Production Designer||Walter P. Martishius|
|Preceded by||Barbie: The Pearl Princess|
|Followed by||Barbie in Princess Power|
|“||You never know what you can do unless you try.||”|
Barbie and The Secret Door is the 28th CGI-animated Barbie movie. It was released in August 2014 on Digital HD and was released in September 2014 on DVD and Blu-Ray Combo, and it is marketed as the "ultimate fairytale musical". The movie is a musical with seven original songs.
"It's the ultimate fairytale musical! Barbie stars as Alexa, a shy princess who discovers a secret door in her kingdom and enters a whimsical land filled with magical creatures and surprises. Inside, Alexa meets Romy and Nori, a mermaid and a fairy, who explain that a spoiled ruler named Malucia is trying to take all the magic in the land. To her surprise, Alexa has magical powers in this world, and her new friends are certain that only she can restore their magic. Discover what happens when Alexa finds the courage to stand up for what's right and learns that the power of friendship is far more precious than magic."
Starring the Voices Of
|Kelly Sheridan||Princess Alexa|
|Brittany McDonald||Singing Princess Alexa|
|Tabitha St. Germain||Princess Malucia|
|Ellie King||Alexa's Grandmother|
|Michael Daingerfield||King of Zinnia|
|Mackenzie Gray||King Terrance|
|Anna Galvin||Queen Adrienne|
|Andrew Francis||Prince Kieran|
|Jay Brazeau||Mr. Primrose|
|Teryl Rothery||Queen of Zinnia|
|Richard Ian Cox||Whiff|
|Ali Liebert||Youngling Fairy|
- "What's Gonna Happen" (Performed by Alexa)
- "If I Had Magic" (Performed by Alexa)
- "You're Here" (Performed by Nori and Romy)
- "I Want It All" (Performed by Malucia)
- "I've Got Magic" (Performed by Alexa)
- "We've Got Magic" (Performed by Nori and Romy)
- "What's Gonna Happen (reprise)" (Performed by Alexa)
- Magic Door
- Return to the Castle
DVD Bonus Features
- 2 Music Videos ("If I Had Magic" and "Anything is Possible")
- Two Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse episodes
To view the photos of the merchandise of Barbie and The Secret Door, click here.
- The voice of Samantha, Arielle Tuliao, has "Barbie: The Princess and the Secret Door" as the title of the film on her resume.
- In the beginning of the movie it the distributor was written "Mattel Playground Productions" instead of "Barbie Entertainment".
- When Alexa asked Nori and Romy about the boy and the flying carpet she might possibly have been refering to the folktale "Aladdin".
- Romy and Nori have noticeably different hairstyles in the teaser trailers.
- This movie marks the first time a Barbie movie is directed by a female director (Karen J. Lloyd).
- The movie's logo in the Teaser tralier and the final film is a bit different. In the teaser trailer the logo's border is pink and there's a door in the bottom with a melody sign but in the official logo it has a blue border and in the bottom the border's line end with curves. Though, both look the same.
Similarities to other Barbie movies
- The hairstyle Alexa gives Romy during "I've Got Magic" is the same as Jenna's and Princess Lumina's disguise hair in Barbie: The Pearl Princess.
- Both Princess Alexa and Princess Victoria from Barbie: The Princess & The Popstar prefer to do anything other than their royal duties. Both princesses also give a speech as part of their royal duties, at the end of the movies.
- The same character model of Alexandra Privet from Barbie: Princess Charm School was used for Queen Adrienne.
- The fairies in Zinnia wear the same dresses as Princess Catania's from Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess, just in different colors.
- Nola has the same hairstyle and dress as the 8-year-old Princess Catania.
- Alexa, Jenna and Samantha in What's Gonna Happen (reprise) at the end of the movie use recolored versions of Keira's dress from Barbie: the Princess and the Popstar.
- Both the movie and Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess have magical creatures (Crystallite and The Queen Unicorn) as protectors from the antagonists (Malucia and Gwyllion). Also,both magical creatures were found by the antagonists and almost got defeated. Both the worlds from the movies (Zinnia and Shimmervale) were almost taken over by the antagonists. However, unlike Malucia, Gwyllion reformed.
- Much like Odile from Barbie of Swan Lake and Crystal from Barbie: A Fairy Secret, Malucia is forced to clean as punishment for what she did.
- Both the movie and Barbie in The Pink Shoes tell the story about protagonists (Alexa and Kristyn Farraday) who were transported into magical worlds with their titular objects given to them by someone who knows of their power but doesn't reveal it. Both of them also save the magical worlds from the evil rulers (Malucia and Snow Queen). Both protagonists are also not really confident with themselves to do their duties (Alexa in her royal duties and Kristyn in her ballet school performance), but became much better at the end of the films.
- Queen Adrienne's formal dress is similiar to Dame Devin's except it's not green.
- In the "I've Got Magic" scene, Alexa makes a pearl necklace with her magic wand. This is similiar to Princess Lumina as she has pearl magic.
- In "I've Got Magic" scene before Alexa change Nori and Romy's dresses, Romy's bow are missing.
- Romy's bow also missing after she and Nori being forced with Malucia's minions to tell the hidden place of fairies and mermaids.
- When Alexa will go return back at home and walk with Nori, her crown is missing. But when Alexa hug Nori her crown is seen again.
- Grodlin's glasses are seen cracked when Malucia sang "I Want It All". But in next scenes, his glasses aren't seems cracked as well.
Also Known As
- French - Barbie et la porte secrète
- Polish - Barbie i tajemnicze drzwi
- German - Barbie und die geheime Tür
- Greek - Barbie στο μυστικό βασίλειο
- Russian - Барби и потайная дверь
- Thai - ตุ๊กตาบาร์บี้และประตูลั
- Dutch - Barbie en de Geheime Deur
- Italian - Barbie e la porta segreta
- Spanish - Barbie y la puerta secreta
- Potuguese - Barbie e o portal secreto
- Arabic - باربي والباب السري
- Persian - باربى و در مخفى
- Turkish - Barbie ve gizli kapı
- Georgian - ბარბი და საიდუმლო კარი
- Hindi - बार्बी : वह रहस्यमयी दरवाज़ा
|Barbie and The Secret Door|
Quote: "You never you what you can do unless you try."
Media: Barbie and The Secret Door
Characters: Princess Alexa | Princess Malucia | Nori | Romy | Mr. Primrose | Jenna | Samantha | Alexa's Grandmother | Brookhurst | Nola | Sniff and Whiff | Grodlin | Queen Adrienne | King Terrance | Prince Kieran | Queen Unicorn | King of Zinnia | Queen of Zinnia