|Occupation||Queen of Flutterfield|
|Voiced by||Jane Barr|
| Barbie: Mariposa and her Butterfly Fairy Friends|
Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess
Queen Marabella is a character in Barbie: Mariposa and her Butterfly Fairy Friends and Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess. She is the queen of Flutterfield, and she has a son named Carlos. Marabella is voiced by Jane Barr.
Mariposa and her Butterfly Fairy Friends
Flutterfield was cut off from the rest of Fairytopia because of the Skeezites. Skeezites hate the light so Marabella who wasn't a queen at that time filled the trees with light that would never end as long as she lived. So the butterfly fairies made her their Queen. Henna was her servant and her "loyal" friend. But one day she gave the Ilios poison to Queen Marabella, so she might take the throne.
If the Queen wouldn't be rescued she had only 2 days to live, and if she died the lights of Flutterfield would turn off. Unfortunately only her son, Prince Carlos believed that she was poisoned by the Ilios poison. The others thought it didn't exist.
Luckily, before Prince Carlos was locked up for his safety, he gave a map to Mariposa that would help her find the antidote for Illios. Mariposa, Rayna, and Rayla found the flower antidote and returned in time to Flutterfield to heal her.
Mariposa & the Fairy Princess
Marabella allows Mariposa to work in the Royal Library as the Royal Historian. She sends Zee to fetch up Mariposa to tell Mariposa she wants to discuss something urgent immediately.
When Mariposa arrives she asked her what does Mariposa knows about Crystal Fairies. Mariposa explains everything she knows but Lord Gastrous tells her she haven't tell that how Crystal Fairies are mean and horrible and they are the enemies of Butterfly Fairies.
Mariposa disagrees and Lord Gastrous claimed she is not as knowledgeable as she thinks but Mariposa defend herself by telling that all the fairytales story about Crystal Fairies are not true at all only history can explain it and everything should be based on research and facts not some kind of fantasy stories.
This make Queen Marabella agrees with Mariposa and appointed her as the Royal Ambassador to make peace with the Crystal fairies and learn more about them. After Mariposa was successful, King Regellius was invited to Flutterfield to meet Queen Marabella.
The King greets her formally but then suddenly he remembered that "Hey!" with arm wave is a great respect in Flutterfield. So he did the same as Mariposa did and this shocked the Queen. Marabella thought it was how Shimmervale people greet each other and replied the king the same way.
Queen Marabella received a beautiful crystal necklace from King Regellius and, amazed how beautiful the crystal was, stated "It's even more beautiful than Mariposa described". King Regellius asked if she would like to dance and she agreed.
Personality and Appearance
Queen Marabella is heard talking only in the end of the first movie after she was healed. Like every queen/fairy or supporter on Barbie Movies, she has a quiet and wise personality. She has an elegant appearance, with blue eyes and honey blonde hair tied in a bun. She wears a long blue dress, a blue butterfly necklace and the crown. In the sequel Barbie: Mariposa & the Fairy Princess her hair color is strawberry blonde like Mariposa.
- "Oh, Henna. The last thing I remember you... Ah, you!"
- "I have a feeling, there's a lot, I need to know. Can you help me?"
- "In thanks for your great breavery, I present you with these gifts."
- "Mariposa, thank you for coming."
- "Mariposa, tell me, what do you know about Cristal Fairies?"
- ( "This is history." ) "And it's exactly the thing on witch we should base our decisions. Reserch not hearsay. I'm convinced. Mariposa, you shall leave for Shimmervale as Flutterfield's Royal Ambassador. You will live with the royal family for one week and prove, that Butterfly and Crystal fairies can be friends."
- ( "If Mariposa goes there she'll be..." ) "... Welcomed as an honored guest. That's what king Regellius assures me."
- ( "Who will look after the Royal Library?" ) "Willa can manage that."
- "You're not concerned about my firebreath?"
- "Our myths about you were just as silly. But it's all in the past now. It's a privilege to have you here."
- "Ah, is that a cristallight? It's even more beautiful than Mariposa described. Thank you."
- ( "May I have this dance?" ) "Why, yes. I'd love to."
Moral: "The most beautiful thing you can be is yourself." | "The best way to make a friend is to be a friend."
Characters: Anemone | Anu | Bibble | Boris | Coral | Dizzle | Elina | Fairy Speck | Flutterpixie | Gwyllion | Henna | King Regellius| Lord Gastrous | Mariposa | Prince Carlos | Princess Catania | Queen Marabella | Rayla | Rayna | Skeezite | Talayla | Willa | Zee | Zinzie
Events: Crystal Ball